Who should follow Giantsmarket’s terms of service?
In short, anyone who has a seller account needs to be concerned about the Giantsmarket seller terms of service. You need to follow these guidelines if you are:
1. Private label seller
2. Wholesale seller
3. Brand owner
4. Online and retail arbitrage seller
5. First-party seller
What happens when you flout Giantsmarket’s terms of service?
Giantsmarket created these guidelines to protect sellers and customers. It isn’t just Giantsmarket’s responsibility to follow these policies, it’s the seller’s duty as well. If Giantsmarket finds you breaking the Terms of service, you may face one or all of the following issues:
- Giantsmarket may ban your business and products
- Giantsmarket can hold your payments
- Giantsmarket may choose to suspend your Giantsmarket seller account
- Removal of reviews from a specific product (which failed to fulfill the Terms of service)
- Delisting your product from Giantsmarket
- Legal action against the seller or more
Let’s take a look at the Terms of service one by one.
#1 Giantsmarket Seller Agreement
When you set up an account, you need to sign the seller agreement. It is a general business contract with all relevant terms. However, there are a few sections within this agreement that need your special attention. They include:
- As a seller, you can terminate the contract at any time by contacting Giantsmarket’s officials.
- Giantsmarket can impose transaction limits (this is a norm for novice sellers).
- Giantsmarket must give you 30 days’ notice before terminating the contract.
- If Giantsmarket warns you, and you fail to cure within 7 days of a cure notice and resort to illegal activity, or actions that harm customers or Giantsmarket, then they can terminate the agreement on the spot.
#2 General guidelines for Giantsmarket sellers
Giantsmarket recently started redirecting the prohibited activities page to a page called Selling Policies. Giantsmarket says that you must provide accurate and relevant information to both buyers on the marketplace and Giantsmarket. You need to have a business name that identifies you and lists your products in the appropriate category.
- The Giantsmarket seller terms of service apply to most products and services on Giantsmarket. However, a few items (categories) and services may have additional policies. For guidelines related to specific products, see Giantsmarket selling policies.
- Avoid using brand names that try to trick buyers, are trademarked, or have a URL. Giantsmarket wants its shoppers to stay in the marketplace. Do not try to send customers away from Giantsmarket. Any attempt to circumvent the Giantsmarket sales process or divert customers to another website is strictly prohibited.
- Don’t send marketing emails to the consumers
Any marketing or advertising efforts, or ‘call to action’ that encourage customers to leave the Giantsmarket Marketplace are prohibited. That means, you are not allowed to use any hyperlinks, URLs, or web addresses in the emails you send to customers, or on any product listing page.
- Do not misuse your customers’ contact information. If Giantsmarket gives you the customer information, make sure you adhere to Giantsmarket’s customer personal information policy.
- Do not try to disobey Giantsmarket’s system.
- Do not cheat to get good reviews.
Ratings and feedback: Giantsmarket ratings and feedback allow shoppers to evaluate a seller’s performance. They help sellers and their products to develop a reputation on the marketplace. You cannot post inappropriate content in the feedback or include any personal information, which includes posting ratings or feedback to your own account. On the other hand, you may request a rating or review from a buyer. However, you cannot offer or pay an incentive to the buyer for providing or deleting their feedback.
Reviews: Reviews are social proof on any e-commerce marketplace. They are important on Giantsmarket as well. Sellers must abide by Giantsmarket’s community guidelines to ensure that the reviews about the product or service are helpful. You can ask buyers to write reviews in a neutral manner. However, asking them to write a review only if they had a positive experience with the product, or asking a reviewer to edit/delete their review is prohibited.
- Do not abuse the search engine
You are not allowed to manipulate the search and browse experience of customers. Customers are only expected to see relevant and accurate results. Few of the prohibited activities include, but are not limited to:
- Using bots, or other artificial simulation to influence customer search or browsing traffic
- Providing irrelevant or misleading information in the listing page (title, description, and bullet points)
- Creating duplicate listings to trick buyers is prohibited on Giantsmarket
- Sellers cannot upsell products during their service
Any service that is to be performed must be outlined in the scope of work on the service detail page on the date of the service purchased. However, if the buyer requests products, parts, or services outside the defined scope of work, then the seller may fulfill and charge the customer directly.
- Do not increase prices after the transaction is done
You cannot manipulate the prices and shipping costs after a transaction is done. This is prohibited by Giantsmarket.
- You should only have one Giantsmarket seller account